Job SummaryThis position is intended to perform clerical tasks and provide support to the Administrative Department, as well as serve as backup to the Wood Procurement Department with the processing of wood payables.
Location: Huber - Spring City, TN
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
1. Welcome visitors / contractors / vendors in person or via telephone. Responsible for taking telephone calls, inquiries and referring to correct department.
2. Assist in scheduling and preparing for meetings on as needed basis.
3. Responsible for ordering of office supplies and maintaining office supply inventory.
4. Responsible for all incoming and outgoing mail for facility.
5. Daily Shipment reconciliation. Demonstrates the ability to work in Oracle to run daily reports, view orders and recognize problems. Report counts for invoicing and footage for performance reports.
6. Assist with Daily Production / Performance Reporting.
7. Oracle Accounts Payable System: Must have knowledge of the duties, policies and procedures associated with it. Can process non-purchase order invoices. Distributes to proper parties for approval and codes with proper account distribution codes. Ensures timely mailings to Shared Transaction Services for payment of invoices. Must be able to work in Accounts Payable System and identify status of invoices. Processes check requests.
8. Wood Payables – Has a working knowledge of Wood Procurement System.
9. Maintains all files for contacts for WPS.
10. Manages all wood delivery contracts through WPS.
11. Review scale tickets daily for accuracy.
12. Maintain stumpage info on tracts.
13. Responsible for running reports within WPS.
14. Works with Accounts Payable regarding reconciling of wood receipts.
15. Provides fill-in coverage for the Office Manager.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Preferred Competencies
High School Diploma or GED required. 5 years of experience or associates degree preferred.
Works in an office area with several other employees.
*Monitor air and water discharges from site to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and monitor process operations for evidence of excessive use of fuel, water, and other natural resources.
* *Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and corporate environmental and safety regulations, and permit issues (air, water, etc.). Ensure that proper documentation is completed for any safety or environmental required monitoring in your area of responsibility. Report inconsistencies as appropriate.
*Attend all federal, state and company mandated training, read and comply with Job Risk Analysis (JRA) (formally known as JHA - Job Hazard Analysis or JSA - Job Safety Analysis) information that applies to areas in which you work, wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) while on the job, and report /or correct any unsafe condition that you may observe. Report all injuries to your supervisor immediately.
*Adhere to all Safety & Environmental Training.
Be aware of and know how to access the JM Huber EHS Policy, the Minimum Mandatory Standards and Requirements (MMSR’s) and HEW Environmental, Health, and Safety Management System (EHSMS) procedures. Comply with MMSRs and HEW EHSMS procedures and report all non-conformances to your supervisor or manager.
*Incorporate environmental, health and safety requirements into every day decision making.
Assist as required in the development and administration of environmental, safety and health policies and programs. Lead efforts to increase continuous safety and health environmental conscientiousness, identify potential hazards, investigate safety and/or environmental incidents and initiate necessary changes identified through “near hit” incident investigations. Thoroughly investigate any work-related injuries and record it appropriately. Plan, develop and lead safety and environmental awareness meetings. Ensure that the personnel, activities, equipment, and areas under your management are in compliance with applicable federal, state, local and corporate regulations and policies.
Refer to J.M. Huber Corporate EH&S Policy in your employee hand book (beginning on page 61) for further details regarding policy, implementation, responsibility and authority. Questions regarding EH&S compliance should be directed to your manager, team leader, environmental or safety manager.
EH&S compliance is a condition of employment. EH&S violations may result in disciplinary action up to and including discharge.
Huber Engineered Woods is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, genetic information, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.