Environmental Health Safety (EHS) Coordinator
Huber Engineered Woods LLC, manufacture of engineered wood products is currently seeking an Environmental Health Safety (EHS) Coordinator at our Commerce, Georgia facility located about 30 minutes from Athens Georgia. The EHS Coordinator is a key member of the EHS Department, providing support in the areas of Environmental Health and Safety for the Commerce campus. Job responsibilities include: Assist the EHS Manager with Prevention of occupational injuries and illnesses. Coordinate the development, administration, and implementation of policies, procedures, risk reduction and loss control programs. Responsible for maintaining professional and effective relationships externally with government agencies, vendors and consultants as needed to perform the duties of the job. Assist the Environmental Manager with ensuring continued compliance with Federal, State, local, and internal environmental, health, and safety regulations, programs, and guidelines.
We are seeking a highly motivated, assertive, and hands on EHS Professional who is seeking a long term career in Environmental Health and Safety with further career advancement in a growing, profitable company.
Location: Huber - Commerce, GA
Position Requirements Include:
• BS Degree in Environmental, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred, however, Environmental Health Science, Occupational Health and Safety, or Industrial Hygiene degrees will be considered.
• Eligible to pursue the Professional Engineer (PE) Certified Safety Professional (CSP)and/or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) professional designation(s).
• 1-2 years experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Statistical and data analysis and basic engineering skills are required.
• Computer skills in MS Office Suite.
• Strong focus on program development, injury prevention and employee relations.
• Strong work ethic with a hands-on approach to teamwork and a willingness to learn.
We offer an excellent salary and outstanding benefits package that includes medical, team pay, 401(k) with match, retirement, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, holidays and dental coverage. Interested candidates should send resumes to:
Human Resources Department
1442 Highway 334
Commerce, GA 30530
Fax: (706) 336-3084
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled