Job SummaryTo direct and control the electrical maintenance for the plant systems, ensuring adequate trained manpower and materials are available to keep the plant operating efficiently with minimum downtime.
Location: Huber - Spring City, TN
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Reviews maintenance requests and assigns work and priorities to maintenance personnel.
2. Responsible for training and supervision of maintenance personnel. Ensures that electricians are properly trained in proper maintenance and repair of new technologies and equipment; informs employees of new plant policies and procedures, and ensures these are implemented; assists with maintenance repair problems; monitors and evaluates employee performance.
3. Familiar with OSHA Action Plan and conducts training. Audits plant fire protection system. Sees that designated areas are maintained with hoses, firewater pumps and hydrants; assists in ongoing training of fire brigade members on each shift; periodically inspects plant for compliance and maintains related records required by company, state, and federal regulations.
4. Recommends changes in maintenance crew and deals with problems concerning promotion, transfer, absenteeism and training.
5. Assists purchasing with the development of an effective parts and supplies control system to maintain an adequate inventory of electrical spares at minimum cost.
6. Recommends changes in operating procedures to improve efficiency and safety of equipment operation.
7. Maintains a preventative maintenance program to reduce downtime.
8. Maintains record systems to pinpoint problem areas and initiate prompt corrective action.
9. Contributes to the development and implementation of an effective safety program. Investigates all accidents or significant incidents, and makes recommendations to the Maintenance Superintendent. Maintains good housekeeping in department.
10. Works with production supervisors to promote smooth operations and maximum efficiency of the plant.
11. Be thoroughly familiar with the Company’s EEO policy and to know and adhere to the Company’s AAP to prevent discrimination.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requirements & Preferred Competencies:
1. Associates or Bachelors degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
2. 3 or more years experience in a Manufacturing environment
3. PLC systems experience.
4. Interactive graphic system experience.
5. Computer systems experience.
6. Knowledge of plant processing and equipment (wood products a plus).
7. Ability to use spreadsheets and word processing software.
*Monitor air and water discharges from site to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and monitor process operations for evidence of excessive use of fuel, water, and other natural resources.
* *Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and corporate environmental and safety regulations, and permit issues (air, water, etc.). Ensure that proper documentation is completed for any safety or environmental required monitoring in your area of responsibility. Report inconsistencies as appropriate.
*Attend all federal, state and company mandated training, read and comply with Job Risk Analysis (JRA) (formally known as JHA - Job Hazard Analysis or JSA - Job Safety Analysis) information that applies to areas in which you work, wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) while on the job, and report /or correct any unsafe condition that you may observe. Report all injuries to your supervisor immediately.
*Adhere to all Safety & Environmental Training.
Be aware of and know how to access the JM Huber EHS Policy, the Minimum Mandatory Standards and Requirements (MMSR’s) and HEW Environmental, Health, and Safety Management System (EHSMS) procedures. Comply with MMSRs and HEW EHSMS procedures and report all non-conformances to your supervisor or manager.
*Incorporate environmental, health and safety requirements into every day decision making.
Assist as required in the development and administration of environmental, safety and health policies and programs. Lead efforts to increase continuous safety and health environmental conscientiousness, identify potential hazards, investigate safety and/or environmental incidents and initiate necessary changes identified through “near hit” incident investigations. Thoroughly investigate any work-related injuries and record it appropriately. Plan, develop and lead safety and environmental awareness meetings. Ensure that the personnel, activities, equipment, and areas under your management are in compliance with applicable federal, state, local and corporate regulations and policies.
Refer to J.M. Huber Corporate EH&S Policy in your employee hand book (beginning on page 61) for further details regarding policy, implementation, responsibility and authority. Questions regarding EH&S compliance should be directed to your manager, team leader, environmental or safety manager.
EH&S compliance is a condition of employment. EH&S violations may result in disciplinary action up to and including discharge.
Huber Engineered Woods is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, genetic information, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.