Job SummaryOil and grease all plant equipment. Service and maintain fluid levels in hydraulic units and air compressors. Change air and oil filters. Perform preventive maintenance duties and may be assigned to assist maintenance personnel in performing repairs.
Location: Huber - Spring City, TN
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Lubricate all bearings as recommended by manufacturer and plant lubrication program.
- Install grease lines and replace defective grease fittings.
- Service automatic oilers and refill with oil daily.
Maintain fluid levels in hydraulic units, air compressors, and service each unit:
- Change fluid fliters
- Change air filters
- Monitor temperature and pressure reading as to being correct.
- Report any deficiencies to Maintenance Team Leader.
- Service and maintain airline filter/lubricants.
- Change condensate lines and parts. Replace defective reservoirs.
- Repair air regulators, water traps, and oilers.
- Oil chains, sprockets and drives throughout the plant as required by the plant lubrication program.
- Refill and change oil in gearboxes as scheduled in plant lubrication program. Ensure vent is free of dirt and dust.
- Clean all excessive grease and oil from equipment after servicing.
- Perform duties in a clean and orderly fashion to avoid contamination of lubricants with dust, dirt, water, etc.
- Maintain inventory of oil, grease, hydraulic fluid and filters. Report needed supplies to the purchasing department.
- Observe and report any mechanical deficiencies to Maintenance Team Leader while making rounds, i.e., worn bearings, chains, defective airlines, thermal leaks, etc.
- Maintain water level in fire ponds.
- May occasionally be assigned to participate in mechanical maintenance activities.
- Overhaul gearboxes and change seals.
- Performs duties which require proficiency with cutting torch, welder, pipe threading machine, and taps and dies.
- Fabricate and install brackets which may contain several grease fittings.
- Operate portable hand tools; drills, motors, band saw and grinders.
- Replace and properly align defective chains, belts, and sprockets during maintenance shutdowns.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Preferred Competencies
High School Diploma or GED. Good mechanical aptitude. Experience or training on preventative maintenance or plant equipment. Ability to work as a team and industrial maintenance training required.
Work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions often exposed to heat, cold, inclement weather, grease, oils, dust and dirty working conditions. Work involves standing, climbing, walking on elevated catwalks and inactive conveyors, and occasionally lifting heavy objects (50 lbs. or more).
*Monitor air and water discharges from site to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and monitor process operations for evidence of excessive use of fuel, water, and other natural resources.
* *Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and corporate environmental and safety regulations, and permit issues (air, water, etc.). Ensure that proper documentation is completed for any safety or environmental required monitoring in your area of responsibility. Report inconsistencies as appropriate.
*Attend all federal, state and company mandated training, read and comply with Job Risk Analysis (JRA) (formally known as JHA - Job Hazard Analysis or JSA - Job Safety Analysis) information that applies to areas in which you work, wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) while on the job, and report /or correct any unsafe condition that you may observe. Report all injuries to your supervisor immediately.
*Adhere to all Safety & Environmental Training.
Be aware of and know how to access the JM Huber EHS Policy, the Minimum Mandatory Standards and Requirements (MMSR’s) and HEW Environmental, Health, and Safety Management System (EHSMS) procedures. Comply with MMSRs and HEW EHSMS procedures and report all non-conformances to your supervisor or manager.
*Incorporate environmental, health and safety requirements into every day decision making.
Assist as required in the development and administration of environmental, safety and health policies and programs. Lead efforts to increase continuous safety and health environmental conscientiousness, identify potential hazards, investigate safety and/or environmental incidents and initiate necessary changes identified through “near hit” incident investigations. Thoroughly investigate any work-related injuries and record it appropriately. Plan, develop and lead safety and environmental awareness meetings. Ensure that the personnel, activities, equipment, and areas under your management are in compliance with applicable federal, state, local and corporate regulations and policies.
Refer to J.M. Huber Corporate EH&S Policy in your employee hand book (beginning on page 61) for further details regarding policy, implementation, responsibility and authority. Questions regarding EH&S compliance should be directed to your manager, team leader, environmental or safety manager.
EH&S compliance is a condition of employment. EH&S violations may result in disciplinary action up to and including discharge.
Huber Engineered Woods is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, genetic information, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To formally apply for this position you must go to one of these Tennessee Career Centers:
Dayton Athens Cleveland Seq/Bledsoe Roane
200 4th Avenue 410 N. Congress Pkwy 3535 Adkisson Drive 15643 Rankin Avenue 1082 N Gateway Ave
Dayton, TN 37321 Athens, TN 37303 Cleveland, TN 37312 Dunlap, TN 37327 Rockwood, TN 37854