Job SummaryOperates Formers and press to produce OSB material according to established quality standards.
Location: Huber - Spring City, TN
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
1. Operates (in automatic or manual mode if necessary), cleans and inspects (for proper operation) all Formers and press line equipment daily. This includes:
a. Fire system
b. Abatement Equipment (RTO 3, Baghouses 1-3)
c. Former & Fences
d. Flying cut off saw
e. Forming line and acceleration belts
f. Loader cage
h. Unload cage
i. Screen return system.
2. Report any deficiencies to Maintenance Department and/or Team Coordinator to get problems corrected in the following categories:
3. Maintains cleanliness of equipment and work areas including:
a. Blows press down (top, north & south sides, East & West ends) every shift.
b. Loader cage
c. Press and screen return system
d. Unload cage
e. Control room and operating panels
4. Monitors equipment continually to assure proper operation and to prevent damage, i.e.:
a. Mat position in loader cage, press and unload cage.
b. Press oil temperature and hydraulic pump indicator lights.
c. Quantity of materials in wet and dry bins
d. Quantity of nitrogen in accumulator
e. Press cycle time
f. Mat weight
g. Button to Button time
5. Changes settings for board thickness
6. Communicates with Saw Operator/Grader to check “grade-out” of product being produced and caliper control. Notes results on production data report sheet and notifies Team Coordinator if board is out of standard range.
7. Maintains contact with Lab Technician and takes corrective action based on his/her physical data report sheet and notifies the Team Coordinator if board is out of standard range.
a. Thickness of board.
b. Width and length of board.
c. Moisture content.
8. Oversees the total blending/forming and press operation from dry flake storage bins through the press outfeed.
9. Completes following production data reports daily:
a. Press Report
b. Press Downtime Report
c. Wood, Wax, & Resin usage
10. Changes recorder charts.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Preferred Competencies
High School Diploma or GED required.
Employs ability to understand and operate mechanical systems incorporating electronic controls. Works in control room environment clear of heat, noise, and dust.
*Monitor air and water discharges from site to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and monitor process operations for evidence of excessive use of fuel, water, and other natural resources.
* *Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and corporate environmental and safety regulations, and permit issues (air, water, etc.). Ensure that proper documentation is completed for any safety or environmental required monitoring in your area of responsibility. Report inconsistencies as appropriate.
*Attend all federal, state and company mandated training, read and comply with Job Risk Analysis (JRA) (formally known as JHA - Job Hazard Analysis or JSA - Job Safety Analysis) information that applies to areas in which you work, wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) while on the job, and report /or correct any unsafe condition that you may observe. Report all injuries to your supervisor immediately.
*Adhere to all Safety & Environmental Training.
Be aware of and know how to access the JM Huber EHS Policy, the Minimum Mandatory Standards and Requirements (MMSR’s) and HEW Environmental, Health, and Safety Management System (EHSMS) procedures. Comply with MMSRs and HEW EHSMS procedures and report all non-conformances to your supervisor or manager.
*Incorporate environmental, health and safety requirements into every day decision making.
Assist as required in the development and administration of environmental, safety and health policies and programs. Lead efforts to increase continuous safety and health environmental conscientiousness, identify potential hazards, investigate safety and/or environmental incidents and initiate necessary changes identified through “near hit” incident investigations. Thoroughly investigate any work-related injuries and record it appropriately. Plan, develop and lead safety and environmental awareness meetings. Ensure that the personnel, activities, equipment, and areas under your management are in compliance with applicable federal, state, local and corporate regulations and policies.
Refer to J.M. Huber Corporate EH&S Policy in your employee hand book (beginning on page 61) for further details regarding policy, implementation, responsibility and authority. Questions regarding EH&S compliance should be directed to your manager, team leader, environmental or safety manager.
EH&S compliance is a condition of employment. EH&S violations may result in disciplinary action up to and including discharge.
Huber Engineered Woods is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, genetic information, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.