Operates dryers and associated equipment to provide a sufficient quantity of dried flakes to assure continuous operation of the press line.
Location: Huber - Spring City, TN
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
1. Starts up, shuts down and operates drying system equipment from wet flake storage bins bucket conveyors to dry flake storage bins by monitoring Dryer Control Room instruments, particularly giving attention to:
a. Dyer charts.
b. Graphic display of product flow.
c. Control panel warning lights.
d. Temperature gauges.
f. Dust collectors.
g. E-tube operation.
2. If any equipment deficiencies are noted, notifies SHIFT SUPERVISOR to get problems corrected.
3. Directs and monitors DRYER FORMER/AREA CLEANER in performance of duties required to maintain safe and efficient operation of dryers.
4. Maintains cleanliness of work area and operational efficiency of equipment.
a. Cleans secondary cyclones and conveyors when plugged.
b. Cleans control room and control panel.
c. Cleans burners.
d. Assists in maintenance of precipitators on maintenance day.
5. Monitors equipment continually and makes corrections to assure proper operation and to prevent injury or damage to equipment through dryer control instruments and visual inspection, specifically with respect to:
a. Temperature control UDC (Universal Digital Controller).
b. Airflow damper control.
c. Wet bin feed control.
d. Moisture control.
6. Completes Production Dryer Report Sheets every 30 minutes, recording:
a. Downtime and running time.
b. Drying temperatures.
c. Moisture readings.
d. Dryer air volume.
e. Fuel usage.
7. Changes recorder charts every 8 hours.
8. Physically checks operation of dryer trunion.
9. Takes actual moisture samples from screening room and forming line to compare with chart readings of moisture content.
10. Completes Dryer/ESP Downtime Report for all downtime.
11. Completes ESP Operations Log hourly.
12. Completes Grey Con Checklist and ESP Maintenance Day Checklist each maintenance day.
13. Maintains Dryer Operations Log.
14. Maintains Oil Usage Log.
15. Responsible for training the DRYER ASSISTANT in dryer operation.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Preferred Competencies
High school diploma or GED
Works in air conditioned control room. Must successfully pass the Company’s forklift operator’s test and be front-end loader certified. Knows and observes applicable Company’s policies and safe practices. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
*Monitor air and water discharges from site to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and monitor process operations for evidence of excessive use of fuel, water, and other natural resources.
* *Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and corporate environmental and safety regulations, and permit issues (air, water, etc.). Ensure that proper documentation is completed for any safety or environmental required monitoring in your area of responsibility. Report inconsistencies as appropriate.
*Attend all federal, state and company mandated training, read and comply with Job Risk Analysis (JRA) (formally known as JHA - Job Hazard Analysis or JSA - Job Safety Analysis) information that applies to areas in which you work, wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) while on the job, and report /or correct any unsafe condition that you may observe. Report all injuries to your supervisor immediately.
*Adhere to all Safety & Environmental Training.
Be aware of and know how to access the JM Huber EHS Policy, the Minimum Mandatory Standards and Requirements (MMSR’s) and HEW Environmental, Health, and Safety Management System (EHSMS) procedures. Comply with MMSRs and HEW EHSMS procedures and report all non-conformances to your supervisor or manager.
*Incorporate environmental, health and safety requirements into every day decision making.
Assist as required in the development and administration of environmental, safety and health policies and programs. Lead efforts to increase continuous safety and health environmental conscientiousness, identify potential hazards, investigate safety and/or environmental incidents and initiate necessary changes identified through “near hit” incident investigations. Thoroughly investigate any work-related injuries and record it appropriately. Plan, develop and lead safety and environmental awareness meetings. Ensure that the personnel, activities, equipment, and areas under your management are in compliance with applicable federal, state, local and corporate regulations and policies.
Refer to J.M. Huber Corporate EH&S Policy in your employee hand book (beginning on page 61) for further details regarding policy, implementation, responsibility and authority. Questions regarding EH&S compliance should be directed to your manager, team leader, environmental or safety manager.
EH&S compliance is a condition of employment. EH&S violations may result in disciplinary action up to and including discharge.
Huber Engineered Woods is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, genetic information, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To formally apply for this position you must go to one of these Tennessee Career Centers:
Dayton Athens Cleveland Seq/Bledsoe Roane
200 4th Avenue 410 N. Congress Pkwy 3535 Adkisson Drive 15643 Rankin Avenue 1082 N Gateway Ave
Dayton, TN 37321 Athens, TN 37303 Cleveland, TN 37312 Dunlap, TN 37327 Rockwood, TN 37854