Inspects all incoming wood receipts for quality and adherence to written wood specifications. Completes scales tickets for all incoming and out-going wood products. Coordinates activities in the woodyard related to the staging and storage of wood. Responsible for all truck activity and all other vehicular traffic in and out of the mill sight as directed.
Location: Huber - Spring City, TN
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
1. Work with Wood Procurement Manager regarding wood quality and changes in specifications. Work with Finance regarding finished product deliveries and wood receipt payments.
2. Coordinates usage procedures with Wood Procurement Manager, Inventory Forester, and Team Coordinators to insure proper inventory rotation.
3. Physically perform quality assessment inspections of all delivered wood according to specifications.
a. Identification of culls and defects in raw materials.
b. Identification of various soft and hard wood species.
c. Initiates corrective measures required of the delivering supplier according to procurement program.
4. Completes all scale tickets including wood, board, and miscellaneous; and all other reports and paperwork as necessary or directed.
a. Weighs all truck deliveries coming in and going out of woodyard.
b. Assists in maintaining an accurate record of current inventory levels, storage locations, and ages of inventory.
5. Assures that the steady flow of wood from storage and/or wood trucks to the mill by Crane Operator is not interrupted.
6. Uses the Oracle Computer system to assist with proper shipments and delivery locations.
a. Checks to verify that incoming flat bed trucks have current valid Huber numbers and valid customer purchase order numbers.
b. May have to coordinate load problems and questions with the Charlotte Sales Office and/or Shipping.
c. Checks to ensure that all common carrier loads are tarped and within legal weight limits.
7. Maintains proper woodyard truck traffic flow and short turn-around times.
8. Assist in keeping log yard and unloading areas clean and free of debris.
9. Operate various rolling stock equipment in order to assist in the unloading and/or loading of wood and residue trucks and yard clean up.
10. Responsible for all visitors coming onsite to be made aware of safety and management system requirements, which includes PPE and fall arrest systems.
11. Notify the proper department when in-bound vehicles require assistance with reverse signaling.
12. Responsible for all vehicular traffic in and out of the mill site during scale hours with the exception of Huber employees, preferred vendors, and those with identification numbers.
a. Have all visitors identify themselves, state their business, and sign-in the logbook.
b. Call the administration building and instruct the visitor where to go.
c. Insure all visitors sign out on their exit from the mill site.
13. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Requirements & Preferred Competencies
High School Diploma or GED required.
Works in scale house and woodyard in all types of weather. Helps to coordinate the activities of the scaler, the unloading activities, and other Greenend employees in order to maintain proper wood storage and usage. Operates security gate, weigh station, computer, calculator, telephone, and various woodyard unloading equipment.
*Monitor air and water discharges from site to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and monitor process operations for evidence of excessive use of fuel, water, and other natural resources.
* *Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and corporate environmental and safety regulations, and permit issues (air, water, etc.). Ensure that proper documentation is completed for any safety or environmental required monitoring in your area of responsibility. Report inconsistencies as appropriate.
*Attend all federal, state and company mandated training, read and comply with Job Risk Analysis (JRA) (formally known as JHA - Job Hazard Analysis or JSA - Job Safety Analysis) information that applies to areas in which you work, wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) while on the job, and report /or correct any unsafe condition that you may observe. Report all injuries to your supervisor immediately.
*Adhere to all Safety & Environmental Training.
Be aware of and know how to access the JM Huber EHS Policy, the Minimum Mandatory Standards and Requirements (MMSR’s) and HEW Environmental, Health, and Safety Management System (EHSMS) procedures. Comply with MMSRs and HEW EHSMS procedures and report all non-conformances to your supervisor or manager.
*Incorporate environmental, health and safety requirements into every day decision making.
Assist as required in the development and administration of environmental, safety and health policies and programs. Lead efforts to increase continuous safety and health environmental conscientiousness, identify potential hazards, investigate safety and/or environmental incidents and initiate necessary changes identified through “near hit” incident investigations. Thoroughly investigate any work-related injuries and record it appropriately. Plan, develop and lead safety and environmental awareness meetings. Ensure that the personnel, activities, equipment, and areas under your management are in compliance with applicable federal, state, local and corporate regulations and policies.
Refer to J.M. Huber Corporate EH&S Policy in your employee hand book (beginning on page 61) for further details regarding policy, implementation, responsibility and authority. Questions regarding EH&S compliance should be directed to your manager, team leader, environmental or safety manager.
EH&S compliance is a condition of employment. EH&S violations may result in disciplinary action up to and including discharge.
Huber Engineered Woods is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, genetic information, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To formally apply for this position you must go to one of these Tennessee Career Centers:
Dayton Athens Cleveland Seq/Bledsoe Roane
200 4th Avenue 410 N. Congress Pkwy 3535 Adkisson Drive 15643 Rankin Avenue 1082 N Gateway Ave
Dayton, TN 37321 Athens, TN 37303 Cleveland, TN 37312 Dunlap, TN 37327 Rockwood, TN 37854