Saw and grade OSB boards to a specific size needed to obtain purchase order.
Location: Huber - Spring City, TN
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
1. Adjust for panel size and operate sawing and grading equipment from press transfer conveyor to the outfeed gravity roll case of the strapping line.
2. Inspect equipment for proper daily operation:
a. Grade stamp (Correspond to board thickness)
b. Saw alignment
c. Chain alignment
d. Grade line belt
e. Stacker condition and air supply
f. Paint booth and associated equipment
3. Operate dust collection equipment associated with sawing.
4. Communicate with Sander Operator when feeding directly to sander.
5. Notify the Maintenance Department and /or Shift Team Leader if any equipment deficiencies are noted so problems can be corrected.
6. Check and record (on grading report) the following from one full size panel at the beginning of each shift and every hour thereaftrer:
a. Length dimension
b. Width dimension
d. Quality of cut (lack of chip out, snipped, etc.)
e. Checks with Production Technician for stack height
f. Checks with Production Technician for legibility of panel grade mark.
7. If a deviation from standard is discovered, shutdown and correct problem and notify Shift Production Team Leader or Press Operator of problem. Receives assistance from Strapper Operator in making correction.
8. Maintain cleanliness of equipment and work area.
a. Clean grade stamp
b. Operates air lines to blow down saw line and stackers
9. Grade panel in accordance with plan and association graing rules.
10. Monitor operation of grad bins continuously to assure undamaged, square stacking of panels.
11. Monitor Production Technicians placement of edge protectors and skids to assure proper placement.
12. Set up saws and change blades (exercising care in handling and storage to prevent damage to carbide tips) as follows:
a. Remove and replace hogging heads on saw line replacing dull carbine insers if one is damaged in operation sorting saws.
b. Remove and replace center saws.
c. Remove “Macarcdi boards” and replace with new ones.
d. Pack and prepare dull saw blades for shipment to be sharpened.
13. Clear board jams on the infeed conveyors and in grade bins.
14. Complete grade out production report after every shift which includes:
a. Check and re-set counters for next shift.
b. Operate forklift in the process of correcting problems.
c. Directs the press output so as not to cause an interruption in production.
d. Assist maintenance on mainenance days as needed.
15. Communicate with other process operators and leaders to assure a smooth flow of material throughout the production process.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Preferred Competencies
High School Diploma or GED required. Machinery operating skills required. Must be able to lift 75 lbs. Highly motivated individual with high mechanical aptitude. Good hand/eye coordination. Able to distinguish defects on boards at a high rate of speed. Must be able to read and understand tape measure and micrometer.
Work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions often exposed to heat, cold, inclement weather, grease, oils, dust and dirty working conditions. Work involves standing, climbing, walking on elevated catwalks and inactive conveyors, and occasionally lifting heavy objects (50 lbs. or more).
*Monitor air and water discharges from site to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and monitor process operations for evidence of excessive use of fuel, water, and other natural resources.
* *Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and corporate environmental and safety regulations, and permit issues (air, water, etc.). Ensure that proper documentation is completed for any safety or environmental required monitoring in your area of responsibility. Report inconsistencies as appropriate.
*Attend all federal, state and company mandated training, read and comply with Job Risk Analysis (JRA) (formally known as JHA - Job Hazard Analysis or JSA - Job Safety Analysis) information that applies to areas in which you work, wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) while on the job, and report /or correct any unsafe condition that you may observe. Report all injuries to your supervisor immediately.
*Adhere to all Safety & Environmental Training.
Be aware of and know how to access the JM Huber EHS Policy, the Minimum Mandatory Standards and Requirements (MMSR’s) and HEW Environmental, Health, and Safety Management System (EHSMS) procedures. Comply with MMSRs and HEW EHSMS procedures and report all non-conformances to your supervisor or manager.
*Incorporate environmental, health and safety requirements into every day decision making.
Assist as required in the development and administration of environmental, safety and health policies and programs. Lead efforts to increase continuous safety and health environmental conscientiousness, identify potential hazards, investigate safety and/or environmental incidents and initiate necessary changes identified through “near hit” incident investigations. Thoroughly investigate any work-related injuries and record it appropriately. Plan, develop and lead safety and environmental awareness meetings. Ensure that the personnel, activities, equipment, and areas under your management are in compliance with applicable federal, state, local and corporate regulations and policies.
Refer to J.M. Huber Corporate EH&S Policy in your employee hand book (beginning on page 61) for further details regarding policy, implementation, responsibility and authority. Questions regarding EH&S compliance should be directed to your manager, team leader, environmental or safety manager.
EH&S compliance is a condition of employment. EH&S violations may result in disciplinary action up to and including discharge.
Huber Engineered Woods is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, genetic information, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To formally apply for this position you must go to one of these Tennessee Career Centers:
Dayton Athens Cleveland Seq/Bledsoe Roane
200 4th Avenue 410 N. Congress Pkwy 3535 Adkisson Drive 15643 Rankin Avenue 1082 N Gateway Ave
Dayton, TN 37321 Athens, TN 37303 Cleveland, TN 37312 Dunlap, TN 37327 Rockwood, TN 37854