Job SummaryTo give functional support to Stores Coordinator for inventory control tasks (i.e. receiving, inventory and issuing spare parts via MRO).
Location: Huber - Spring City, TN
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
1. Accurately receives spare and/or replacement parts, and project-related items, via MRO.
2. Responsible for running the Daily Receiving Report, as well as the Parts Staging Report, via MRO.
3. Responsible for tagging parts with proper parts tags.
4. Issues requested parts from stock to work orders.
5. Assists in ensuring proper stock levels are met.
6. Must be able to operate forklift.
7. Coordinates with the Maintenance Planning Department to stage requested MRO parts.
8. Perform cycle counts of stocked inventory.
9. Make runs to local vendors to pick up parts as needed. On occasion out of town pickups.
10. May order certain parts, via Purchasing Card.
11. Keep Stores area clean and orderly.
12. Stock all parts in proper bin location.
13. Tracks items that are out for repair.
14. Receives and ships all parcel post packages as well as Federal Express, Roadway Express, and Direct Delivery.
15. Responsible for the safe handling and storage of all MRO inventory items, with a total inventory value in excess of 2.3 million dollars.
16. Must be able to identify and resolve any visual damage, upon receipt of merchandise.
17. Individual must be able to perform duties with minimal supervision.
18. Individual must be responsible and able to make decisions that directly affect plant production.
19. Assist in unloading freight trucks, bulk shipments, and fuel.
20. Researches parts for Maintenance via, vendors, catalogs, and MRO.
21. Assist with physical inventories.
22. Reports readings of fuel tanks and hydraulic oil.
23. Dispenses safety supplies.
24. Handles returns for MRO parts back into stock and to vendors.
25. Check inventory levels for consumable and reports these figures to the plant buyer.
26. Expedites parts and supplies throughout the mill.
27. Serves as backup to CMMS Coordinate for month-end close.
28. Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Preferred Competencies
1. High School Diploma or GED required
2. Minimum of 2 years in a manufacturing environment
3. Familiar with industrial machinery and its parts
4. Proficient with using a computer
5. Prior maintenance experience preferred
*Monitor air and water discharges from site to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and monitor process operations for evidence of excessive use of fuel, water, and other natural resources.
* *Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and corporate environmental and safety regulations, and permit issues (air, water, etc.). Ensure that proper documentation is completed for any safety or environmental required monitoring in your area of responsibility. Report inconsistencies as appropriate.
*Attend all federal, state and company mandated training, read and comply with Job Risk Analysis (JRA) (formally known as JHA - Job Hazard Analysis or JSA - Job Safety Analysis) information that applies to areas in which you work, wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) while on the job, and report /or correct any unsafe condition that you may observe. Report all injuries to your supervisor immediately.
*Adhere to all Safety & Environmental Training.
Be aware of and know how to access the JM Huber EHS Policy, the Minimum Mandatory Standards and Requirements (MMSR’s) and HEW Environmental, Health, and Safety Management System (EHSMS) procedures. Comply with MMSRs and HEW EHSMS procedures and report all non-conformances to your supervisor or manager.
*Incorporate environmental, health and safety requirements into every day decision making.
Assist as required in the development and administration of environmental, safety and health policies and programs. Lead efforts to increase continuous safety and health environmental conscientiousness, identify potential hazards, investigate safety and/or environmental incidents and initiate necessary changes identified through “near hit” incident investigations. Thoroughly investigate any work-related injuries and record it appropriately. Plan, develop and lead safety and environmental awareness meetings. Ensure that the personnel, activities, equipment, and areas under your management are in compliance with applicable federal, state, local and corporate regulations and policies.
Refer to J.M. Huber Corporate EH&S Policy in your employee hand book (beginning on page 61) for further details regarding policy, implementation, responsibility and authority. Questions regarding EH&S compliance should be directed to your manager, team leader, environmental or safety manager.
EH&S compliance is a condition of employment. EH&S violations may result in disciplinary action up to and including discharge.
Huber Engineered Woods is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, genetic information, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.