Quality Assurance Technician
Job SummaryHuber Engineered Woods is currently seeking Wood Science/Engineering degreed candidates to fill the position of Quality Assurance Technician. This position is a rotating swing shift position and reports to the Quality Superintendent. The QA Technician is responsible for insuring that product made on shift meets specifications and that any deficiencies are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
Location: Huber - Crystal Hill, VA
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs testing and measuring of raw materials and finished goods, which include but are not limited to:
a. Flake geometry
b. Moisture content
f. Modulus of elasticity (MOE)
g. Modulus of rupture (MOR)
h. Internal bond
i. Thickness swell
k. Linear expansion
l. 5 point shear test
m. Others as needed or assigned
2. Monitor and inspect process conditions and parameters such as press temperature, wax and resin applications, pressing and drying conditions, product downgrade and cause, and appearance of finished products including packaging. Isolate and tests possible defective product for compliance to specifications. Determine grade of defective product for shipping.
3. Assist with basic maintenance on quality related equipment such as stamp wheels and resin application systems.
4. Assist in unloading raw materials such as resin and wax from tanker trucks and railcars.
5. Performs statistical process control analysis of specific production parameters as required.
• Working knowledge of computers, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and spreadsheets
• Basic knowledge of statistics and SPC required, basic knowledge of MiniTab desired
• Knowledge of statistics and statistical tools required: SPC, Lean Sigma, etc.
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Work under adverse conditions, extreme heat/cold, high humidity and noise
• Work with in-line breathing apparatus and respirator
• Be trained and able to operate a forklift
• Lift up to 100 lbs for a short period of time
• Drive and occasionally travel to other plant or jobsites