Panels for use in Structured Insulated Panel (SIPs)
Huber Engineered Woods manufactures engineered wood panels specifically designed for manufacturers to use in Structural Insulated Panel (SIP) construction. SIPs are energy efficient, high performance building panels used for roof, wall and floor construction. SIPs are typically manufactured using rigid expanded polystyrene (EPS) or polyurethane or polyisocyanurate foam insulation bonded between two OSB panel skins.
Engineered wood panels specifically designed for Structural Insulated Panel (SIPs) construction.
- Moisture Resistant: Advanced water-resistant adhesive system creates a strong, stable product.
- Dimensional Stability: Panel resists warping, cupping, twisting, or bowing.
- Excellent Strength: Excellent strength, screw-holding capability and split resistance.
- Panels available with or without edge seal.
- No Core Voids: Consistent product quality.
- Uniformity means no low-density pockets, no core voids or defects, providing increased yields and better assemblies.
- Environmentally Friendly: Made from fast-growing, renewable softwood and hardwood species such as pine, poplar and aspen from self-regenerating forests or plantation grown trees.
- Our continuous press provides widths (up to 8.5’) and custom lengths (up to 24’).